Looking in The Mirror

Looking in The Mirror


Toxic Beauty, Air-dry clay, chalk pastel, clear gloss paint, 2"x7"x10"
Carved Away, Air-dry clay, 2"x6.7"x10"
In Process  



Sculpture #1 
Toxic Beauty, Air-dry clay, 2"x7"x10"



Sculpture #2
Carved Away, Air-dry clay, 2"x6.7"x10"




Artists Statement 
For my piece, "Looking in The Mirror", I wanted to create a statement on modern beauty standards. I made the first of the sculptures keeping in mind how alienated some people with plastic surgery. I wanted to over exaggerate a few of the most common procedures that people have done, which, along with the green pastel, helped add to the alien look. The second sculpture is a lot less extravagant, and I chose to keep it simple to show how, compared to the first sculpture, small and feeble it is. This figure is showing the internal and external struggle people with body dysmorphia struggle with and vise versa. I chose to have them face each other to give the appearance of them looking at each other, each being what the other is insecure about. 








Comments